POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to fill them up : How to fill them up Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  How to fill them up
From: KalleK
Date: 1 Aug 2004 11:53:27
Message: <410d11f7@news.povray.org>
Hi!

These are two lathe-glasses with colored media in the upper part (and some
media in the lower part...).

My problem is, how to fill in some water (or something else).

I know, how to make the water the size it would perfectly fit in, but then
you got the "coincident surfaces problem"...

What should I do to let the ior-statements play together well (Having only
one surface between the water and the glass with "ior 1.33" to "ior 1.5")?
-Remove some surfaces with clipped_by
-Scale the water a tiny bit up, so we got some water in the glass?
-Scale it down, to have some air between the glass and the water?
-Something completely different?

(I remember faintly, that scaling it up a bit should do it, because POV-Ray
would realize this, would make only one surface from glass to water - but I
don't know anymore...)

I searched the faq (Helpfile: 2.4) but didn't find anything - I think this
could be a candidate to be added.

Thanks in advance!

Kalle

Post a reply to this message